Monday, January 18, 2021

My Very First Card Kit!

 Well folks, I finally did it!

I made my own digital pocket-style cards that work perfectly in the Project Life app.  I've been wanting to do so for the longest time, especially when I couldn't quite find the right card within the app itself that I wanted to use. 

Oftentimes there was a kit that, in my opinion, was just so-so for my page-making needs. Maybe I didn't like the color scheme, maybe there just was the perfect card I wanted to use.

So, I made my own! This first kit is called Out to Eat, and has a TON of cards in 3x4, 4x4, and 4x6 sizes--and both horizontal and vertical orientations. There's journaling cards, filler cards, and this particular set has cards you can use to rate the food at the restaurants you visit!

Here's a sneak peak at some of the cards included in the kit:


These cards are available in my shop: From the Duck Pond right now!

They are easy to use in the Project Life app, too! Here's how I do it.  I make the purchase from the shop on my computer. I know you can do it from your phone, but I find that doing it from my computer is just easier. When you make the purchase, you are given a link to download a zipped file. I double-click that zipped file to open it's contents, and then move those files to a folder I've created on my desktop.  After I've gotten all the zipped files opened and the contents saved in a folder on my computer, I then save a backup copy of the files to Dropbox. I use Dropbox to store all my photos and digital card kits--and it's easy to access things saved in Dropbox from the Project Life app.

Once I've saved the files in Dropbox, I open the Project Life app and put in my photos from my page as normal. When I want to add a card saved in Dropbox, I tap on the pocket, click the button as if I was going to add a photo, and when it takes me to my Photo Albums options, I select Dropbox.


Then I navigate within Dropbox to find the folder where I've stored the card I want to use.....


...and select the individual card. 

That pulls the card into the Project Life app. Then I can add text to the card, if needed, using FFT (the Free Form Text feature).


Repeat as needed to add additional cards and photos to finish off your page! Super simple!


I'll be creating more kits in the coming weeks, so check back here for more photos or the kits, cards, and pages I make with the kits! And be sure to check out my shop where all my cards kits can be found!

From the Duck Pond Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just be a lurker! Leave a comment!