Monday, February 12, 2018

Watching the Olympics and Feeling Nostalgic...

As I was watching the 2018 Winter Olympics on TV over the weekend, it got me thinking back to 2002 when the Olympics were in Utah. I knew I had at least one page that I created back then in the pages I had scanned, so I went through my scanned files and found these bad boys (emphasis on BAD!)

Holy sticker overload, Batman!


Wow. Just, wow.

It's like I felt I needed to use every single sticker in the package. And why that huge zamboni sticker? It's not like we went to the Olympic event to see the zamboni!

Well, thank goodness I could make up for some of these mistakes when I remade the page in the PL app, right?

When I scanned the pages, I got a scanned copy of the entire page, but then also had a scan of each of the individual photos on the page. That gave me the "meat" to work with on the page.

I decided to use the Design D template, and to focus the large 4x6 pockets for three of the images: the tickets, the German face painted guy, and for the one of me and my friend Nathan. And then I'd use the smaller pockets for the horizontal images from my original pages: the hockey team, and my wife and I with the hockey rink behind us. I opted to not use the picture of me next to the Olympic themed fence. It's not the best picture, the wording on the fence is backwards, and it just isn't part of the "story".

I decided that I wanted to use emojis on the page for the flags of the countries. For those, I just pulled in white journaling cards from the Neutral Cards Set, and then centered the flag emoji on the card, and increased the font size as big as it would go.

I added my journaling to the remaining 4x6 pocket and tried for like an hour to find a plain journaling card that matched the color of the tickets. It's not quite purple, but not quite blue either. I finally gave up and just decided an a gray color. Then I matched the background color to that, and I was done.

Two super-busy looking paper scrapbook pages condensed down to one PLapp page!
Feels like a gold medal to me! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just be a lurker! Leave a comment!