Saturday, April 7, 2018

Combining 3 (Horrible) Pages into 1 (Much Better) Project Life App Page...

For this round of paper to PL, I scanned in three different paper scrapbook pages, all having to do with my first married apartment. And by the looks of these pages, boy did I love those Mrs. Grossman stickers!


And those cardstock triangles to accent with? What were those all about?


And this last one, apparently I wanted some "in the kitchen" photos documented...and trimmed with some decorative scissors. Gag.


So, I figured I could probably get the content of these three pages to fit within a single PL app page. So that's what I set out to do.

First I scanned the pages and saved all the individual photos from the scanned pages on Google Photos, and then downloaded them to my phone's camera roll.

Then I pulled them into my chosen template within the PL app. I made the decision to not necessarily use all the photos (I opted not to reuse the unmade bed photo, or one of the kitchen photos), and that was OK with me.


Then I searched through my PL card sets to find one that had "house" type designs. I finally found a couple that I really liked in the Currently set. So I first added a card with picture frames that I could journal in, to the open top slot.


Interestingly, this particular journaling card is only set to have a single journaling space that starts out within the larger frame, and then, as you type out your journaling, spans horizontally until it covers all the frames.

But I wanted to put a little journaling in each frame. So, I added the "Our 1st Apartment" text first, and manually put in some hard returns, to get the spacing just right.

Then, for the two smaller frames, I added additional text boxes (which is a NEW feature available as an in-app purchase in the latest PL app update--go download it if you haven't already!) using the little plus button on the toolbar (where you change fonts, colors, etc.).

SIDENOTE: It's so slick to be able to add multiple journaling areas to cards. BTW, you can add journaling now to your photos and to filler cards! Read THIS POST all about how to do that!

I positioned the new text box over the smaller frame on the card and added my "Orem, Utah" text, and repeated that process for the frame with the dates.

Then, I added another journaling card to the bottom slot and finally put the stories and information that was missing from (all three) original paper scrapbook pages.


And, now I had a complete scrapbook page, made up of elements from three paper pages that I liked a whole lot better than their originals!




3 comments:

  1. The new PL page looks fantastic. I love it. But...I also love going back and looking at my old scrapbooks - I have lots of pages like yours with all the stickers and the decorative scissors - I never got into those triangles though. HAHA - I love them so I can see how far I (and the scrapbooking world) has come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't get rid of the old pages or anything, but don't know that they'll got on display for the public any time soon! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh how we all loved Mrs. Grossman stickers!! You new layout looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just be a lurker! Leave a comment!